What do I wear to my Personal Branding Photography shoot ? is a question I get asked a lot. Hopefully this blog post will help take the stress out of what to wear on your shoot. What you wear on shoot day is a reflection of your brand and personality, so choose wisely. Wear clothes that convey what you want your clients to feel. Bring wardrobe options ; a casual relaxed look and then maybe a dressier outfit that you would wear to meet clients. What you wear is a reflection on your brand and professionalism. Below are my tips on what to wear and what NOT to wear on the day.
Tips for choosing your outfit :
- Choose 2 -3 outfits. A great place to start is choose what represents your work. Choose pieces that match your brand aesthetic. Is your brand modern, feminine, free-spirited, casual, sporty. For example if you are a yoga teacher dressing in your yoga gear and casual clothes would suit your brand. Use layers to help achieve some different looks ; jacket ,cardigan, jumpers.
- Choose on brand colours that represent your personality. One of my brand colours is a grey, I would select some grey clothing and the dusty pink in my brand colours.
- Accessorise !! Select jewellery, scarves, hat, sunglasses that can add some interest to your outfit. Scarves and jewellery are a great way to change an outfit up.
- Avoid large distracting patterns and logos. Vertical strips are a no no as they do not photograph well. Wearing solid colours works well , add accessories to add a splash of colour and interest to an outfit.
- Try on your clothes. You want to feel comfortable, so make sure your outfits are not ill fitting /too tight/too big. Walk and move around in them.
- If you wear glasses choose non reflective lenses to avoid glare.
Do check out my other blogposts below answering your Personal Branding questions
NB: This is part 3 in a series about Personal Branding photography. Here is part 1, What is Personal Branding Photography, Part 2, 5 Questions you should ask your Personal Branding Photographer