So you have started marketing yourself and your brand in your own unique way. You want your brand to come across engaging , exciting and different from the rest of the competition. You want to put the task of capturing the essence of you and your brand into the capable hands of a professional personal branding photographer. But how do you know if the photographer you are looking at hiring is any good? Here are my 5 must have questions you should be asking your Personal Brand Photographer.
Portfolio and Specialisation
- Firstly , have they shot personal branding before ? Ask to have a look at some samples of their work and see if their style suits your brand. Not every Personal Branding Photographer is going to be a perfect fit for you. Personal Branding Photography is quite different to shooting a wedding or a family. You want to hire someone who understand your brand and vision and who you will be comfortable up close and personal with.
Location or Studio
- Do they shoot in natural light or a studio ? Both options will give you a completely different feel to your final images. Natural light is suited much more to a lifestyle feel , relaxed images. You can choose different locations like a coffee shop, favourite park that will give your images some personality. Studio can have a much more corporate feel to your images. Make sure you understand the style of images you want to create.
- How much do you charge and what is included ? This is so important to understand what your money covers. Does it include props, editing your images, travel to locations. How many photos will I get ? Make sure you fully understand what you are paying for.
- What does the process look like ? I believe in meeting my clients and asking them to fill in a branding questionnaire to help me understand what their needs are and the values of their brand. It is so important that your photographer understands you and your business.
- Will they send a mood board showing you how your shoot will look and feel ? This is a valuable part of my packages. I love to send clients a Pinterest board that will give my client an idea of how their shoot will look and an idea of the style of images they can expect from our shoot.
Most of all enjoy your photo shoot and have fun!