You have found your photographer, contracts signed and shoot day is upon you. Preparation is key for a successful shoot for both photographer and client. When you book a Personal Branding Photography session with me I will send out a detailed guide to prepare you for your shoot. In the meantime here is my check list to help you prepare for a Personal Brand Photography session.
- First things first you need to find a photographer whose work you like and book them ( check out this blog post here )
- Send your photographer a Pinterest board of the style of images and locations that you would like. Include posing ideas as well.
- Select what you are going to wear. Keep it simple, wear what feels most comfortable and add some accessories that are your brand colours. This is the time to book makeup and hair appointments too. ( check out my blog post here ).
- Choose locations where you are most comfortable and that represent your brand . Think about coffee shops, your office space, local neighbourhood for example. Good lighting is key, your photographer can advise on locations too. Send addresses of locations to your photographer in advance so they can check out best spots for your shoot.
- Think about props you want to bring with you. Mobile phone, laptop, notebooks and pens are great everyday props. Bring the tools of your trade along too ( if possible!)
- Ask your photographer when you can expect your photos to be ready and how they will be delivered.
Shoot day is here , pack your bag with your props and clothing. Water to keep you hydrated and maybe some snacks. Most of all don’t forget to enjoy yourself!
I hope this series on Personal Brand Photography has been useful for you when considering booking a photographer.